Saturday, April 14, 2018

muc muc

OK, I love these and so want to make them in the most thrifty way possible. I find them cuddly. I like the idea that I can use a sharpie for the eyes and a bit of blush on the face.

So the Muc Muc is considered a Polish doll. Still, there is a folk feel to it. Maybe old country with a modern spin, finding a use for those leftover sweaters you've already made a hat out of. And sometimes, it's a good feeling to make something and to give a truly homemade gift. It's a great way to keep a memory of a piece of clothing. I also find them rather cuddly and huggable.

I work with someone who does a lot detailed work when she creates her sock creatures. As of yet, I have not been able to just go with the sock and let the sock do its thing. Yeah, she's that kind of artist.

I have found Grace Yen's sock art to be a lot of inspiration. Look her up on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from people.